Saturday, January 29, 2011

Me

Everyone wants a fresh start. At some point we all go through times where we feel like all of the pressures of life just have to stop or we just can't take another step. I've carried around baggage for years and Im just not going to do it anymore. It's too heavy. I am going to take care of the things I can take care of and the rest is up to God. I am going to love my family and friends to the best of my ability. I can control that. I can't control most of the rest of things. I am going to love my family, especially. They have been the one constant in my life and have loved me even when their own mind probably questioned it. I am going to love a couple of girls that I really don't know what I would do without. They mean the world to me and I would do anything to make them smile or make their lives better. I am going to love my 3 kids as best I can and in spite of the limitations placed upon me. I will always be here for them.

I am also trying to take care of things health wise that I can take care of. I am exercising every day. Usually about 30-60 minutes of cardio and 30 or more minutes of weight lifting. I also am training to run the 1/2 marathon in Austin on Feb. 20. I started training Nov. 1 and I weighed 250 lbs and I now weigh 210 as of Jan. 27. It has been incredible in the improvements physically but even more so mentally. I just feel like I can get past the stress and the overall buildup of junk in my mind. And it just took a step. I just had a day where I wasn't going to accept an excuse for not joining a gym. I decided I was going to join Planet Fitness on Dec 9, 2010. I drove by and said to myself "You will join now". I didn't have any workout clothes but there was a Bealls next door and I went in and bought some workout clothes and got after it. Lots of eliptical and cardio. I actually went twice a day that week because work was really slow and I was really fat! After about two weeks of that, I wasn't losing a ton of weight but I was gaining muscle and my pants were getting baggy. I ate mostly chicken, soup and salad. I quit eating hamburger or pizza for the most part. Still haven't had a hamburger since Oct.

Other areas I have worked on are going to church and to small groups on a regular basis and trying to meet more people and have more friends. I don't know that I can control much more than that but it's a chore just to do these things but I have a ton more energy and that helps.

I am also working on a couple of things that I will post about later and I am looking forward to a summer of seeing my kids.......

I am deleting all of my old posts and moving on......Everyday is a new day and I am thankful for that...

Barry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry....good steps to take with your life my friend. You are doing so well.(in all kinds of ways!) I am so very proud of you!! Really really. =^]

The physical stuff...it does have a way of healing you emotionally as well. I spent far too long trapped in the cycle of being overweight. It was just another one of my prisons. I am slowly freeing myself from these...God is good.

Love you and, like I said, I am so proud of you!

barry said...

Sherry,

You are so right about it being a prison.....And it allows us to make excuses and to lie to ourselves and it carries into all phases of our lives.....You are the one who has done so well. I got the motivation from you....I know you will reach your goal and Im not worried about that ever being a problem for you again. You like to workout too much. And one other bonus....your metabolism is so high now that you can eat some comfort food and know that you will burn it off....no more guilt!

Anonymous said...

It is a whole new life. God has given me "second chances" in all areas of my life! I am glad that we both found out how much freedom there is to be had~

I love the way that I feel now. I love the fact that I have muscles now. I didn't even know that I was supposed to have muscles where I have muscles now!! :D It's so much fun to discover a new strength...when I can do a technique that I haven't been able to do...when I leg press close to 400 lbs..(WOW)...when I can run at 8.0. There's just new abilities all the time and it's so stinkin much fun!!

Thanks for your encouragement and kind words. We are gonna have a great year. You are gonna keep on running and be "da bomb" at your marathon! And I'm gonna roundhouse kick the bag completely over! :-P Watch out world!!!!

barry said...

Well said, Sherry! We did hills last night at our workout and I am feeling it. Keep up the good work and I am all for a great year.